HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
The Thomas J. Rapoza Textbook Collection Program is open to all Providence College students needing assistance defraying textbook costs. Choose from almost 2000 available textbooks.
TO MAKE YOUR REQUEST:
1. Requesting Rapoza books is so easy!! You can now request Rapoza books from the library catalog --- just like other library books! No more forms!! Simply search the catalog for books by ISBN or Title (check your course syllabus if you have it, your professor will often include the ISBN number for your required books), and click on the "Request it" link. NOTE: To ensure you get what you need request books with a status of "AVAILABLE" only. Searching by ISBN# gets you to the list of what is available in the Rapoza Collection a lot faster. If you need to search by title, just make sure that the book has a location of "PC Rapoza Reserve" just like you see below. These are the only books that can be checked out for the entire semester!!
2. Enter your name and library barcode (on the back of your PC ID) and click submit to finish your request. That's it! Your library account must be active in order to successfully submit your requests!! If you are unable to submit your request because of a problem with your account, stop at the Circulation Desk for an update. Check out our short clip to see how easy it is to request books from the Rapoza Collection!!
3. Miss the list? You can still check the Rapoza Collection list before requesting from the catalog.
4. You can now log into your library account to see what books you have requested from our Rapoza collection. You will be sent an email when the books are available for pickup. We process requests all day, everyday!
5. Please pick up your books! Once we notify you that the books are available for pickup, you have 10 days to pick up the books. Books not picked up within 10 days will be automatically returned to the collection and you will need to make your request again. Pickup and Hold times may be adjusted to accommodate College holidays, inclement weather, etc.
6. Book pick-up and drop-off for initial pickup and during Add/Drop is available during normal library hours at the Circulation Desk.
7. All requests are filled on first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability. NOTE: To ensure you get what you need, make sure you request books with a status of "AVAILABLE" only.
8. You will automatically receive a reminder during the term with instructions when to return books at the end of the semester. All Rapoza books may now be returned to the return counter at the Circulation desk like other library books.
9. Have a question? Check out our FAQ first.