HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
The Thomas J. Rapoza Textbook Collection Program is open to all Providence College students needing assistance defraying textbook costs. Choose from more than 2000 available textbooks. PC Rapoza Reserve books are the only books you can check out for the entire semester!
TO MAKE YOUR REQUEST: You can search for Rapoza books in the Library catalog -- just like other library books!
1. Search the Encore catalog for books by ISBN # or Title.
(On your course syllabus, your professor may include the ISBN # for required texts.)
2. Click on “Request It.”
Helpful hints: To receive books quickly, request books with an AVAILABLE status. Searching by ISBN # gets you a more accurate results list. If searching by title, make sure the book location is PC Rapoza Reserve (see below).
2. Enter your name and library barcode (on the back of your PC ID).
3. Click submit to finish your request.
Your library account must be active in order to successfully submit your requests!! If you are unable to submit your request because of a problem with your account, stop at the Circulation Desk for an update. Check out our short clip to see how easy it is to request books from the Rapoza Collection!!
4. You can now log into your library account to see what books you have requested from our Rapoza collection. You will be sent an email when the books are available for pickup. We process requests all day, every day!
5. Once we notify you by email that the books are available for pickup, you have 10 days to pick up the books. Books not picked up within 10 days will be automatically returned to the collection, You will need to make your request again. Pickup and Hold times may be adjusted to accommodate College holidays, inclement weather, etc.
6. Book pick-up and drop-off for initial pickup and during Add/Drop is available during normal library hours at the Circulation Desk.
7. All requests are filled on first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability. NOTE: To ensure you get what you need, make sure you request books with a status of "AVAILABLE" only.
8. You will automatically receive a reminder email during the term with instructions when to return books at the end of the semester. All Rapoza books may now be returned to the return counter at the Circulation desk like other library books.
9. Have a question? Check out our FAQ first.